Friday, March 16, 2012

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

This book definitely took me by surprise, and I absolutely LOVED it. I finished in about one or two days, and grabbed Hallowed as soon as I had finished. At first, I was a little hesitant. The blurb talked about angels, moving schools, and a possible love triangle... hmmm, where have I heard this before? However, Hand's novel was beyond my expectations.

The writing, for one, is smooth, flowing, and clever. I highlighted countless lines on my Kindle, and couldn't help smiling at multiple scenes. Clara is also a very relatable heroine. She feels lost and confused at times, but she perseveres for the ones she loves. Speaking of loved ones... I fell for Tucker. Hard. And truth be told, I didn't really like him at first. Christian was just that brooding, god-like male character that I tend to love reading about, but later on he just kind of irritated me. Tucker is most definitely THE ONE.

All the characters served a great purpose in the book. I loved everyone, including Angela, Wendy, Jeffrey, and Clara's mom. Even Kay Patterson, the "mean girl", was interesting to read about. The storyline was fast-paced, and kept me rapidly turning the pages. Partly for Tucker, and partly because I wanted to get to the fire scene already! When I actually got to it, even that took me by surprise. (Wonderful twist in the story, BTW).

All in all, Unearthly is amazing. If you haven't read it yet, go get it now. You won't be disappointed.

~Lily~

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see you enjoyed Unearthly so much. I like the sounds of this one, but haven't got to getting it yet. :)

    And thank you for stopping by the blog to visit and entering the Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book yet- but I did enjoy your review. It sounds like a book I would enjoy.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog- I am now following yours. :)

    ~Jess
    https://twitter.com/#!/dmsfiles/status/181881236581662722

    ReplyDelete